Thursday, January 23, 2014
The Vision (1.23.14): Looking Forward to 2014
Scene: Marching in for Vacation Bible School in 2013
Note: On Sunday afternoon we conducted CRBC’s Annual Church Conference. Among other things, we welcomed two new members, elected our first deacon to office, approved a student internship for Spring 2014, and approved our 2014 budget [see detailed report in this Vision]. We also reflected on CRBC’s ministry in the year past and looked forward to ministry in 2014. Here are some of the ministry goals for 2014 that we shared on Sunday:
· Continue to conduct weekly Lord’s Day worship services in Charlottesville and continue to develop a covenanted and confessional church community.
· Continue to broadcast sermons and teaching worldwide on sermonaudio.com.
· Continue second Sunday services at Our Lady of Peace retirement center.
· Continue Sunday evening “preaching point” in Lynchburg and work toward development of church plant.
· Renew monthly men’s meeting (study of 2LBCF)
· Continue mission giving to Andy and Beth Rice (Zambia) and Trinitarian Bible Society.
· Consideration of joining the Association of Reformed Baptist Churches in America (ARBCA).
· Run a new “Grace Points” radio campaign in the spring of 2014.
· Conduct another “Puritan” Vacation Bible School tentatively scheduled for June 23-26, 2014.
· Support thirteenth annual Keach Conference to be held September 26-27, 2014 in Warrenton, VA.
Of course, to all these things we must add DV for Deo Volente, “God willing.”
Grace and peace, Pastor Jeff Riddle