2. He takes the initiative. He does not sit back and wait for his wife to take charge. For example, if a problem arises, he readily admits when he has made a mistake and asks for forgiveness.
4. He puts her needs above his own and those of others. He does not think first of what is best for himself. He thinks first of what is best for his family. He spends time with her. He does not insist in having things done his way.
6. He respects her and treats her as a woman. If he is sitting, he gets up when she walks into the room. He opens doors for her. He lifts heavy things for her. When they go somewhere in a car, he usually drives.
7. He leads the family in spiritual things. He leads the family in prayer and Bible reading. He makes sure the family attends church meetings.
8. He prefers her above other women. He is careful not to pay undue attention to other women. He does not compare her to other women. He does not have close friendships or long, private conversations with other women. She knows he only has eyes for her.
9. He compliments her and expresses gratitude to her for the things she does.
10. He does not let the sun go down on his anger. He never goes to bed at night with a conflict unsettled or leaves the home in anger.