1. What other ordinance has Christ established?
The Lord’s Supper.
2. In what does this ordinance consist?
In eating bread and drinking wine in remembrance of Christ.
3. Who alone are authorized to receive it?
The members of His churches.
4. In what way is it to be observed?
As a church ordinance, and in token of church fellowship.
5. Is there any established order in which these ordinances are to be observed?
Yes; the believer must be baptized before he partakes of the Lord’s Supper.
6. What does the Lord’s Supper represent?
The death and sufferings of Christ.
7. Does the mere partaking, either of Baptism or the Lord’s Supper confer spiritual blessings?
No; they are worthless, if not injurious, to those who do not exercise faith.
8. But how is it when they are partaken of by those who do exercise faith?
The Spirit of God makes them, to such persons, precious means of grace.
9. Whom has Christ appointed to administer Baptism and the Lord’s Supper?
The authorized ministers of His churches.