Hugh Binning, Christian Love (Banner of Truth, 1670, 1735, 2004).
John Piper and Wayne Grudem, 50 Crucial Questions: An Overview of Central Concerns about Manhood and Womanhood (CBMW, 1992).
Jeff Riddle, JPBC 101: Believing is Belonging (Jefferson Park, 2005).
Walter Chantry, Today’s Gospel: Authentic or Synthetic? (Banner of Truth, 1970).
J. I. Packer, "Introductory Essay," in The Death of Death in the Death of Christ.
Mary Beeke, The Law of Kindness: Serving With Hearts and Hands (Reformation Heritage Books, 2007).
Bible Reading: Matthew, Romans, 1-2 Timothy, Titus (with written summaries completed for each chapter).
II. Discussion Schedule:
1. June 16 Christian Love, pp. 1-48.
2. June 23 Christian Love, pp. 49-106.
3. June 30 J. I. Packer, "Introductory Essay" in The Death of Death in the Death of Christ.
4. July 7 JPBC 101: Believing is Belonging.
5. July 14 Today’s Gospel (First Book Review Due).
6. July 21 50 Crucial Questions.
7. July 28 The Law of Kindness, pp. 1-50.
8. August 4 The Law of Kindness, pp. 51-148.
9. August 11 The Law of Kindness, pp. 149-211 (Second Book Review Due).
A. On Biblical Womanhood:
Elisabeth Elliot, Let Me Be a Woman (Tyndale, 1976).
Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Lies Women Believe (Moody, 2001).
B. On Missions:
John Piper, Let The Nations Be Glad (Baker, 2003).
K. P. Johannan, Revolution in World Missions (GFA, 1986).
C. On Doctrine and Christian Life:
John Piper, Desiring God (Multnomah, 1986, 2003).
J. I. Packer, Knowing God (IVP, 1973)