Image: A depiction of the martyrdom of Clement of Rome by being tied to an anchor and thrown into the sea, during the time of the Emperor Trajan.
I have recorded and post WM 113: Clement of Rome to sermonaudio.com (listen here).
In this episode I review 1 Clement, a work attributed to the Apostolic Father, Clement of Rome (and perhaps the Clement mentioned in Philippians 4:3 by Paul).
I review eight themes in 1 Clement:
1. A call for unity in the face of disunity at Corinth (chapters 1, 14, 21, 40, 44-47, 54, 57, 63).
2. Recalling the examples of Peter and Paul (chapter 5).
3. Concerning the resurrection (chapter 24; cf. 1 Corinthians 15).
4. On justification by faith and good works (chapters 32-33).
5. On the church as a body (chapter 37; cf. 1 Corinthians 12).
6. On church government: bishops and deacons (chapter 42).
7. On the Trinity (chapters 46, 58).
8. On "love" in the church (chapter 49; cf. 1 Corinthians 13).
For previous WMs on Church Fathers, see:
Post a Comment