My friend Travis Hilton recently "tagged" me in his blog to answer a few questions:
1. One book that changed your life: The Cost of Discipleship, Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Though I am not now a fan of DB, reading this book the summer after my first year in college made me think more seriously about what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Pilgrim’s Progress, John Bunyan.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe.
4. One book that made you laugh: Lectures to My Students, C. H. Spurgeon.
5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]: A Generous Orthodoxy, Brian D. McLaren [truly awful].
6. One book that you wish had been written: Everything You Wanted to Know About Being a Pastor But Were Afraid to Ask.
7. One book that you wish had never been written: A Generous Orthodoxy, Brian D. McLaren [Have I mentioned that I did not really care for this book?].
8. One book you’re currently reading: Nicomachean Ethics, Aristotle.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Fifty Years Among the Baptists, David Benedict.
10. Now tag five people: Given that Travis tagged just about everyone I know who might respond to this in a blog, I reserve the right not to tag anyone else.
Post a Comment